|An entrepreneur is a person who habitually creates and innovates to build something of recognised value around perceived opportunities.
- ‘The person’ could be an individual or an entrepreneur team
- There is often a serial or habitual element. Entrepreneurs are rarely ‘one-hit wonders’ who only spot a single opportunity
- Creativity and innovation underpin the process as ideas are transformed into successful businesses or projects
- For this to happen the potential winning opportunity has to be spotted and prioritised from amongst the many ideas around
- Entrepreneurs are successful because they create and deliver value that others recognise as important – they are focused on what matters
- They are all around us in the world of business, in both small and growing businesses and long established corporations – but that’s not only where they are!
Entrepreneurs are found in all walks of life.